Bull Run Regional Park

More
11 years 9 months ago #10234 by Hawkeye 84
We recently got back from a two week vacation at this park/campground and would like to provide some information on our experience.

First the good: great location (my opinion), in Centerville VA, which is just north of Manassas VA. It was only a 20 minute drive to the VRE (Virginia Railroad Express) which takes you into DC in the morning and brings you back in the afternoon and connects to the Metro at certain stops. It is the only way to get into/out of DC. Cost for an adult was $16.90 for a round trip ticket, kids 10 and under free. There are also restaurants about that same drive time along with a Walmart and other shopping places. The Park is only about 10 miles due south of Dulles (some plane noise but nothing to complain about) and that branch of the Air/Space Museum. The park is huge with plenty of area to bike and play. Playgrounds are nice for kids and open space to run around. They have a clay target range with clay/skeet/sporting clays that campers can use. They have a water park that is to die for. Our kids loved it and the rates are awesome ($4/day for campers). The park is very popular on the weekends with picnicers and families/groups using the facilities, but they don't roam the campground area.

The bad: who ever laid out the camp sites (utilities, terrain, etc) was not a camper/RV owner. Utilities are not laid out to easily access a RV. Why? I have no idea, so be careful when reserving a site. There are only a small number of FHUs and those, like I said are laid out weird. Most of the sites are Elect only or Water and Elect only. And if you have a big rig, again, be careful and let the office know your diamentions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds