Firearms policy at military bases

More
9 years 2 months ago #13458 by skyking8

Hank85713 wrote: There are some campgrounds in the PRIVATE sector that prohibit the possession of weapons in their parks.

I do not know about other state requirements, but businesses in Texas (other than bars, schools, etc) by state law, must post what is called a 30.06 sign in order for you to be officially notified that you are not permitted on premise with a hand gun - concealed carry license or not. They can't just put up any sign they wish. That includes private campgrounds. Now that does not preclude a business from asking you to leave if a hand gun is discovered. It's a state recognized property right that I think most of us who own property would agree with. Be that as it may, if it isn't a 30.06 sign, I have the privilege to ignore it, or not.

What would be interesting to know is does the definition of a military installation include a FamCamp that is not actually on the installation where you must enter a security gate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #13459 by Hank85713
Sky I would think that since the 'land' is under the purview of the military installation that is all they need to be in compliance with the installation guidelines. One example is the sabin pass/river that is under the auspices (or was) of Ft Polk in La. Another would be Tuthill in flagstaff. Same with others. Still think that if it is not flaunted or used and there is no reason for them to search one would be ok. Have under gone a couple going thru gates but then did not have anything to declare anyhow!

The civilian places I referred to were out in San Diego I think it was when we were thinking of going out in the rv for a wedding. They had some other awful regulations posted also but hat is part of being in the land of fruit and nuts I guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds