Canadian Military FamCamps

More
6 years 3 months ago #16503 by Hank85713
Ok, still have not heard anything other than the one from the territories about stuff. wrote to the canadian military asking about MWR and got this:
All our Canadian Armed Forces campgrounds are listed here:
www.cafconnection.ca/National/Programs-S...unds-and-Cabins.aspx
Please contact them directly as the services vary between locations.
Best regards,
---
CAFconnection Team
[email protected]
www.cafconnection.ca

sent a message to the one near BC and got no reply at least 3 weeks. Wrote asking about the Voyage magazine and got no replies from CAF or the magazine. Seems it might have been a 1 and done? Anyhow seems there are only about 5 rv parks as that is all thats listed and only the one out west. So need to find out I guess what is available from other rv parks along the way any recommendations? will be 2 to 3 folks going in rvs so need to know whats out there.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16507 by johnandmari
Hank – I am not certain I understand how you requested the various provincial travel brochures. I went to the website for each province we planned to visit, located their brochure request button and entered the necessary info. As you point out, there are few Canadian military-operated campgrounds, but those provinces that have a military CG, list them in the campground section of their respective brochures.

Hope this helps – Good luck
John

More
6 years 3 months ago #16508 by Hank85713
did the same as you, like I said the territories the only one to respond! Will submit again to see what happens.

More
5 years 10 months ago #16649 by johnandmari
Hank – Just curious as to whether or not you ever received the Canadian Provincial brochures you requested? Hopefully, you did and your about to depart for a great vacation up there. LOL
John

More
5 years 10 months ago #16650 by Hank85713
no never got any except the 1 I mentioned earlier. Decided due to wife med issues not to go as she has problems sitting too long so we are planing something shorter here in the states. Planning to go to Theodore roosevelt nat park in ND.

Wrote to the CAF and really never got an answer from them as it seems all their famcamps are in the eastern part of country. The Voyager magazine outfit never responded either.

More
5 years 10 months ago #16652 by johnandmari
Sorry to hear that. Oh well, keep your dollars here in the USA! Also, sorry to hear about your wife; we wish her well!
John

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds