nellis afb

More
16 years 11 months ago #877 by lifermc
nellis afb was created by lifermc
hello,

nellis AFB at one time offered monthly rates at a discount. would any one know if monthly discounted rates are still available?

thanks,
david

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #879 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: nellis afb
there is NO monthly rate discount. However, buy joining the AF Club there you will save 10% on your daily rate. There is no cost to join and no monthly fee for the card (Mastercard). However you do pay dues which they bill you for each month. If your address is over 50 miles from Las Vegas the enlisted monthly is 3.50, officer is $7.00 (I think that is the current officer rate). We have had it for two years as we stay there for a couple months every year and the saving amount to well more than the dues. You can get a temporary membership at the Famcamp office unless that has changed recently, or stop by either the Officers or Enlisted Club. They will take you application there.
Nellis is VERY HOT this time of year, hope you take this into consideration.

More
16 years 11 months ago #881 by lifermc
Replied by lifermc on topic Re: nellis afb
frank,

good information and thanks. would you know if that AF club membership is good at any and all AF family camps and clubs?

david

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #891 by a Guest
the card is a Master Card which is good anywhere, the discount is only good at Nellis. It would be nice if it were Air Force wide. However there are many places at Nellis that the discount is applicable. First monday or tuesday (can't remember which) at the exchange for a purchase of $200.00 also there is a quarterly membership lunch or dinner at the O club that is free, and other places, I think the golf course too,etc.

More
16 years 10 months ago #951 by Chancellor
Replied by Chancellor on topic Re: nellis afb
We are pulling into Nellis June 15-the 22 maybe longer. I know it is HOT this time of year
but it beats staying in the one of the Hotels in Vegas. With basement air and a well isulated
coach I think we will be ok. Going to family reunion :P Then taking the toad to Grand Canyon.
Will take photos and post them with a report.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #956 by a Guest
Your 100% correct, it will be HOT. However there should be plenty of room in the full service areas. They have good 30 & 50 amp service and people do run both a/c units and it is usually adequate. With basement air, I don't know how they work, so give me/us some feedback when you can. I would like to know how the baasement a/c works out. BTW, what kind of rig is it? Hope you have an enjoyable stay. If you have not been there (Vegas) before, be sure to ask Randy or Doreen in the RV Park office, about what is going on at the base or locally. The Thunderbird museum is usually a great visit when they are in town, but they should be out on tour right now, however there are quit a few that stay behind and if you can catch one of them, they give a GREAT personal tour.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds