Anyone in El Centro?

More
13 years 1 month ago #8373 by Martin64
Replied by Martin64 on topic Re: Anyone in El Centro?
What a difference a year makes. The horse ranch was fun but the place was sold at auction so this last Friday I moved onto NAF El Centro for the summer. My plan is to stay there during the summer when the snowbirds aren't there...not that I don't like snowbirds but I can stay on one of the LTVA's for less and won't need the power for the a/c for the winter.

So we'll see how this all shakes out and I'll post some updates at we go. So far the entire 20 minutes it took me to register and drop my trailer at the spot, it's been great! I go back over there tomorrow to set up and get ready for my work week. So I'll get to stop in at the Commissary, meet a few of my new neighbors and get the scoop on the happenings there. I'm sure in the next 30 days it'll be a ghost town with just me and maybe a couple others staying through the hot summer months...but I'll post as it all happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8518 by Martin64
Replied by Martin64 on topic Re: Anyone in El Centro?
Well it's been a couple months and the place is pretty much empty except for the few of us that are summer visitors. Rumor has it that the park is going to expand and add 20 something more spots...don't know and hate to spread a rumor like that but I'll update as I find out. It's also on pretty good rumor that the base is going to actually be a home for some planes and not just the winter home of the Blue Angels....more on that as it becomes more reliable, but there is runway construction activity happening now. Lots of dump trucks running in and out of the base, should be interesting.

For now the winds are high and the temps are climbing. Anyone headed this way anytime soon be sure have your a/c checked and pack your sunburn lotion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds