Anyone in El Centro?

More
14 years 5 months ago #6784 by Martin64
It looks as though I'll be headed that way for an undetermined amount of time. I got a job with BLM and plan on staying at NAF El Centro for a while. I don't have a start date yet, but as soon as their background checks are done, it looks like that's where I'm headed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6787 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re:Anyone in El Centro?
Don't build a porch, people will think you're homesteading.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6794 by Martin64
Replied by Martin64 on topic Re:Anyone in El Centro?
I'm aware this is a very controversial subject, but I'm not really worried about what others think. If anyone wants to join me there in July/August for a big ice tea and a cigar I'm sure they'll be plenty of spaces to park. :lol:

More
14 years 5 months ago #6799 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re:Anyone in El Centro?
QUOTE: "but I'm not really worried about what others think."

Never? Whoa ... That's pretty risky ... :)

BTW Martin, I thought El Centro closed -- guess I been camping the desert too long :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #6800 by Martin64
No, it's still there. I hear it's a very popular spot with the snow birds. I called a couple weeks ago about seeing if there were any spots left and I was told to hurry before it fills up. I guess with the 6 month limit, the good weather during the winter and the low monthly rent, it's very alluring....if that's the case I may be out in the desert myself until spring when they all flock to where ever it is they flock.

More
14 years 3 months ago #6999 by Martin64
Well I'll be in that area toward the end of next week, and I found a small horse ranch with a spot for rent (with full hook-ups)that's very reasonable in price so it looks as though I won't be staying on the base after all. The rent is a little more but there's alot more seclusion and privacy and won't have to hear the neighbors complain when I start the motorcycle to go to work in the mornings at around 0615.

For anyone interested in NAF El Centro as a winter camp, I understand that it stays filled up until about a week after the airshow in Feb..that's when it starts clearing out.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds