Fallon NAS RV Park

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 weeks ago #660 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Fallon NAS RV Park
I just talked to MWR at Fallon, asking for availability and they said they do take reservations up to 45 days for retired. Also they informed me to use the South Gate for entry with an RV, if I arrive after 5:00 PM (1700 for us) to call 775-426-2803 for security to open the gate.
I will try to get more updated info and pictures when I get there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #3317 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Fallon NAS RV Park
Was just at Fallon again and left a review with my complaints and concerns. This CG is about three years new, and clean and with nice wide and open spaces. My biggest concern is the idiot that installed the new water access valves. They are in ground, with the lid cut in half, and one side attached with screws. This would not be bad if you could reach the valve, but it isn't. The valve handle has a water heater rod sticking up thru the middle of the valve wheel, and to be able to turn the valve you have to be very contorsional. Extreemly awkard, and difficult to get to. The couple in space 8 could not open their valve more than about 1/2 a turn, mine in space nine would open 8 turns.
For other concerns read the review I posted.
Fallon gets an "F", for this design and overall CG management they get a "C". It is a poorly run CG period.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3319 by mikecfr
Replied by mikecfr on topic Re: Fallon NAS RV Park
Maybe anyone camping at Fallon should ask the camp host or maint. personnel for help with hooking up and turning on the water. If they have the same problem and are continually having to help campers with this task, it may change.

More
15 years 4 months ago #4930 by Chiefswife
Replied by Chiefswife on topic Re: Fallon NAS RV Park
We stayed there last year and on a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 3.
Its like a large parking lot, and lots of space but it's just a parking lot.
I liked that you could walk to the commissary and Px. They are small but adequate
I liked the free washers and dryers, they were awesome
The movie theater is also right there, LOL, heck it's a small base, everything is right there.
When we came in you couldn't come in the main gate, had to go around to the back and call the MPs to open the gate, but they were johnny-on-the- spot and we didn't even have to call them when we left as they saw us heading that way. I don't know if thats still true. Just in case take the phone number with you.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds