Holloman Afb Famcamp activating 30 day limit

More
9 years 3 months ago #13370 by Blackeycole
Got word while in ga that HAFB famcamp will start holding all campers to a limited max stay of 30 days one month and then they must vacate for 24 hrs before returning. Myself this precludes most of my stays to a civialian park in town until I find a military campground that allows long term stays for retires who full time it. I'm not able to move every month or I would be traveling more. The monthly rate was great at $300 per month they have 35-36 full hookup spots that are hardly ever full. So why make the long term rvers move. Base housing was tired of seeing bar going to the famcamp instead of base housing.

So be warned if you had plans on staying at Hafb for more than a month they are changing the policy. I could see it if they were full and had rvs in overflow but it will become a ghost town now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13376 by dpicard
Sorry, but I have to agree with this policy. This keeps the sites from getting junked up if you have to leave for 24 hours. I also fulltime and yes while it may be an inconvience it will keep the park cleaner and give the passing thru a chance to get a site. It will also keep some of the long terms from thinking they run the parks. Wish more would start enforcing their rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BKMS

More
9 years 3 months ago #13381 by monkey44

dpicard wrote: Sorry, but I have to agree with this policy. This keeps the sites from getting junked up if you have to leave for 24 hours. I also fulltime and yes while it may be an inconvience it will keep the park cleaner and give the passing thru a chance to get a site. It will also keep some of the long terms from thinking they run the parks. Wish more would start enforcing their rules.

Yes, agree totally. We've been in some Fam Camps that look like trailer parks and trash heaps. Fam Camps are for camping / RV's and recreation, NOT housing. And the fees that we pay should not subsidize full-timers regardless of Retired Military of not. This is recreation --housing is something else entirely. Plus, full-timing really means 'traveling' in a RV/TT/5'er/Tc, or some other moving vehicle - does not mean "living in a campsite' ...

Some civilians might think so -- fine for them, but the Fam Camps are built recreation only. Some FC's do not abide by the rules - doesn't make them right, makes them 'rule violators'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dpicard, BKMS

More
9 years 3 months ago #13401 by renegade
So glad to see this. Hope more homesteaders get the boot and then made to clean and restore the site or charged for the work......

MSgt. USAF Retired
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

More
9 years 2 months ago #13436 by bill6750

Blackeycole wrote: Got word while in ga that HAFB famcamp will start holding all campers to a limited max stay of 30 days one month and then they must vacate for 24 hrs before returning. Myself this precludes most of my stays to a civialian park in town until I find a military campground that allows long term stays for retires who full time it. I'm not able to move every month or I would be traveling more. The monthly rate was great at $300 per month they have 35-36 full hookup spots that are hardly ever full. So why make the long term rvers move. Base housing was tired of seeing bar going to the famcamp instead of base housing.

So be warned if you had plans on staying at Hafb for more than a month they are changing the policy. I could see it if they were full and had rvs in overflow but it will become a ghost town now.

I totally disagree with you about this. I think they should boot the people out after 30 days and like said before, it will help to keep the grounds cleaner. You may be good about policing your area but so many are not. Some people make it look like a trash dump. Good for Holloman. I will visit there on my way home around 2-3-4 March this year.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds