driving thru L.A.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1446 by UniMOG Dave
Replied by UniMOG Dave on topic Re: Driving thru L.A.
From the 10, take the 210 West. The 210 drops into I-5. Now, you can go either the 118 or 126 to the 101. Have your co-pilot check the map, a good one, to guide you through the interchanges. Going through LA, unless it's in the middle of the night, is not for the faint of heart. I used to do it with a semi pulling 53' trailers and it wasn't fun what with the cell phone crowd darting about like confused suiside bombers.

Dave T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1809 by BMCM
Replied by BMCM on topic Re: driving thru L.A.
Capt'n Ron,

There is no easy route from one side of Los Angeles to the other. You take your chances on any freeway. Coming into town from the East, I would guess the worst traffic would be 06-1000. Heading out of town to the West, 14-1900. Any place there is an interchange can cause back-ups. Saturday and Sunday can be busy ALL day long.

If I were on the East side of town,wanting to get to Hueneme, I would just stay on 10 and take Pacific Coast Hwy (Route 1) North out of Santa Monica.

The nice coastal scenery from Santa Monica to Magu will soon erase the bad memories of a famous Los Angeles commute, and besides, everybody should do it once...

Best,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds