FAMCAMP- PATRICK AFB

More
14 years 5 months ago #6890 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re:FAMCAMP- PATRICK AFB
Seems to me, regardless of any authority present, you had no ID ... that's not his fault, and if it was me, I'd not have let you through the gate to begin with. Security can ID you with FP in a few seconds, and you could have a new ID - so, am not sure if you are complaining about that, or just explaining about that ...

BTW: Did you find ID ever, or get a new one??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #6895 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:FAMCAMP- PATRICK AFB
To clarify the ID issue at Patrick. I had two base stickers, and a DD214, the ID card fell out of my pocket at a gas station when I unhooked the car to get past an obstruction and was found on the car seat later. I went thru Security and talked with the senior on duty and was let aboard at 2000 (dark this time of night). No temp pass offered. ID would have been avail. in the AM if needed. If security let me on board, why would the Camp Host be justified to refuse me service?
I guess you could say that I am a GI too since I did 24+ years active service.
Complaining or stating a fact? They person I talked to asked me about my pets and I told him what I had, ie: No Problem. PS I called in advance.

=

More
14 years 4 months ago #6896 by floridakamper
It's hard to second guess the way this was handled. A previous comment questioned why you were allowed on base without an ID card and I question the same thing. One, two or three base stickers don't mean anything, that's why bases do a 100% ID check and I'm sure you've been on AF bases that no longer require a base sticker for that reason. You're the only person I know that travels with a DD 214 but I suspect that would assist in getting a new ID. I don't think it carries much weight as identification. Personally, if I was the host, I'd have called security and questioned why they let you on base. If they were willing to give you a temporary pass I'd have given you a campsite till you could get to PSD in the morning and replace the lost ID. I don't think anyone would fault security or the campground for denying entry without proper ID. If it's important enough to have retricted entry to a military base, it's important to follow the rules. With 24 years in the canoe club I'm sure you'd agree if you thought about the security aspect. Sorry you had the problem and hope you enjoy many nights of camping on military bases, you earned it. Merry Christmas

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds