NWS Charleston

More
16 years 5 months ago #2203 by OurVee
Replied by OurVee on topic Re: NWS Charleston
We missed this CG on our last trip, but while staying at the Mt Pleasant KOA, we saw where we would have found it had we stayed on I-26/526 instead of heading over to US 17. Thanks for the info. It will be in the plan the next time we head up to Onslow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2365 by bneiva
Replied by bneiva on topic Re: NWS Charleston
Like many others, I called to make reservations only to find they were full. However, as I passed through the area I stopped and payed a visit to the itt office. Folks, here's the gig - there are only 8 spaces being made available to visitors to the area. The rest of the sites are taken by "full time" residents who are making the campground their permanent home!! Ame I the only one who thinks this is a bad policy?

Bill

More
16 years 4 months ago #2366 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: NWS Charleston

Like many others, I called to make reservations only to find they were full. However, as I passed through the area I stopped and payed a visit to the itt office. Folks, here's the gig - there are only 8 spaces being made available to visitors to the area. The rest of the sites are taken by "full time" residents who are making the campground their permanent home!! Ame I the only one who thinks this is a bad policy?

Bill

Bill,
That is a major change since I was there in October. At that time they did not take reservations for the RV park and had plenty of space. There was only one rig there that looked like a homesteader and had been there for awhile. Actually, it was not even an RV but a small house boat on a tralier that had the engine removed and was being converted to an RV while the guy lived in it. Apparently this park has really caught on if it is full now.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds