Key West NAS

More
6 years 1 month ago #16565 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Key West NAS
I didn't realize that was the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #16654 by Panamakelley
Replied by Panamakelley on topic Key West NAS
The Fam Camp at Key West. Good.
We arrived early and spent the night at the DRY CAMP and the next day moved to the campground with full services. The Dry Camp was empty save for two other motor homes, one of which left shortly after we got there...perhaps moved to full services. The sites are tight. I did not use the facilities there but was pleased with the general upkeep of the campground. The campground is on the edge of the base housing area and is bordered by the sea. The campground was quiet. The exchange and commissary are nearby, a short walk or drive. The fitness center closes when the office is closed... bummer. The seaside bar/restaurant is just Okay.... the food selections are limited. Would I go there again, heck yes... the cost to stay there was consistent with all the other military campgrounds we stayed at during our 6 week MH trip, by which I mean, cheap but not free!

More
5 years 8 months ago #16723 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Key West NAS
Reservations are hard to get..and can be hard to keep this year. The letter issued by the Base Commander is not the way NavyBeds is doing reservations. Base Commander says Retirees can reserve 180 days in advance whereas NavyBeds is using 6 months. Sounds simple but it is causing some havoc. Some people are calling Sigsbee office for help, others are calling back to NavyBeds daily. Busy season this year, too, as folks are trying to maneuver the reservation process ..patience required. I always go in January and February. Make sure you have quiet generators and or a way to funnel your main generator away from neighbors. Portable sewer contraptions are popular. Carrying water is too because dry camping can last longer than 2 weeks. Otherwise..you should relax and have fun there. Lots of things to see and do.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds