Mayport Pelican Roost Length of Stay Change

More
7 years 2 days ago #16026 by maxjr758
Welcome !
Don't get discouraged! Wife and I have been members here about a year and have stayed at 7 Famcamps so far, and haven't been turned down anywhere yet, even getting a spot at the US Coast Guard Station Marathon Key, FL which has 4 full hookup sites!
Good luck ! Have Fun !

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #16089 by floridakamper
Good news! Sometimes the Chain of Command works. Months ago I wrote to the Naval Station Mayport Commanding Officer, expressing my concern about increasing the length of stays at Pelican Roost. The Skipper sent me a reply that the base had requested a waiver to the directive that precipitated the change. Today I received an email from the CO. Here is his message:

"To follow up, I have approved a modification to policy for Pelican Roost to take effect 1 July 2017 - the front row at Pelican Roost will be limited to stays of 14 days, the second and third rows at Pelican Roost will be limited to stays of 30 days. Additionally, there will be a price differential between front row spots and remaining spots in recognition of the premium associated with front row spots."
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Sarge3398, Ed Kelly, maxjr758, morris131

More
6 years 10 months ago #16090 by Kokomo36
That is GREAT news! Thanks for your efforts!!!

More
6 years 10 months ago #16092 by greyhound73772
Good use of "yield management"!

More
6 years 8 months ago #16170 by floridakamper
I was able to snag a four day reservation at the Roost last week. This is their "slow" season. They looked full to me. Many got their reservations while the window was open for longer reservations. I spoke to some nice folks that were there for 3 weeks, 6 weeks and longer. Because the change to shorter stays happened on 1 July, longer stays should continue into this winter's snow bird season.

They also raised the rates. I posted them in another thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

More
6 years 8 months ago #16172 by LamSan
Our July reservation had to be cancelled due to medical priorities for Lambert at the VA so thanks for the update.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds