Uchee Creek Bivouac Area

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #14592 by Frank A.
We just left Uchee Creek after a week in one of the Executive Chalets. Before I start grumbling I must say our visit was very nice and will go back. However, there are some things that bother me. First, unless you have Verizon you can't get a signal anywhere in the park. Their internet which used to work just fine stinks. The first three days we had service in the morning and nothing after about 1500. The last four days we had no service. It's strange because we had a router on the post across the street from us. Their excuse was too many people using at the same time. Bunk! I've been in bigger places than Uchee Creek without that problem.

Number 2: When I called to make my reservation I was told that their policy was a maximum of 7 nights and I couldn't stay 10 nights as I wanted t0. When we checked in I mentioned it to the person and she said that's not true, if it was available I should have been allowed the 10 nights. Why can't people be on the same page?

On Easter Sunday, a pickup truck and a large cargo van backed up the the chalet next door. They started unloading and I thought they were never going to get done. I counted at least 4 big military type duffel bags, several large backpacks, 3 chests that resembled the tool boxes in pickup trucks and all kinds of containers. I thought at first it was a bunch of college students there for a spring break party. They had several cases that looked like musical instrument cases. I found out later these were rifle cases. In the end they had the next 3 chalets next to me. We went away Monday and when we got home they had ropes tied to all the trees and were throwing hatchets at trees. The next day when they go home I got to see all the rifles and ammo cans being unloaded. They had set up a bivouac area in a recreational residential area. Don't get me wrong. They didn't bother us. I just don't understand what's happening to the Famcamps and recreational areas today. The office had no idea what these troops were doing there. They call and make a reservation, check in and that's that. It was a strange situation to me. The bottom line here is if I wanted to be in a bivouac area I probably could find something a little cheaper than the $140.00 per night we were paying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds