Question about key west

More
9 years 3 months ago #13346 by Thornhammer
All though I'm Retired military and camp some we don't do FT yet but are wanting to. Got question about Key West do they have public restroom/showers? How do people get gas or propane for your RV? I under stand they have central water and sewer dump so a portable water tank and a blue boy would be good to have. Any thing else I might need or could use please let me know

Retired USAF
Medical 100% darn RA
Retirement date april 18 1983 TRL
Retirement Permanent Nov 27 1984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13347 by sepena
Replied by sepena on topic Question about key west
We have stayed at Trumbo which is near downtown and they have a laundry and showers. It is all dry camping so you need to have a generator but they have a dump station and water available. I have not stayed at Sigsbee and so cannot comment on what facilities they have.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #13349 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Question about key west
I wrote an article on this that is on this website Key West for Newbies

Its a bit dated but bet Kokomo will chime in. Yes on showers, toilets, laundry rooms etc. at Sigsbee. Water and dump station in the CG. Blue Boy and ater bladder handy if you don't want to move the rig. For propoane, you sign up at the office and they come around once a week. For gas, there is a PX gas station on base.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by belgique.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13350 by Thornhammer
Replied by Thornhammer on topic Question about key west
I read your write up on Key west a bit ago even printed it out so wife could read it. just did not see anything on it about the bathroom and showers. Thank you for the info

Retired USAF
Medical 100% darn RA

More
9 years 3 months ago #13351 by Thornhammer
Replied by Thornhammer on topic Question about key west
in your write up you state that gens must be turned off from 2300-0700. what about air conditioners to cool your RV it there a turn off time for them?

Retired USAF
Medical 100% darn RA

More
9 years 3 months ago #13352 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Question about key west
At Sigsbee, there are 3 public shower / restroom / laundry facilities. Two are closer to the full hook-up and tents sites. The other is in the area known as the "Circle" and is central to the dry camping and some full hook-ups. The restrooms and sink are a bit crowed in the morning, but after the AM rush; usually open.

The "Quiet Time" is from 11PM until 7AM. This is also the no generator hours. I've never heard anyone run an AC off of the batteries but it is "Quiet Time" so you could be open to a complaint. AC during generator hours no problem. Also, AC can be run anytime you are in full hook-up.

Gasoline and Diesel are here on Base. Propane can be delivered or obtained a few miles out of town on Stock Island.

If you have a big or unusually loud portable generator, there are certain noise standards being phased in. Honda 2000's are within the acceptable levels. The Office can provide the current db levels.

Hope this helps!

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds