Sigsbe in April

More
10 years 1 month ago #12711 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Sigsbe in April
Thanks for the info, especially on the SMART group. The only thing that burns my tail feathers about the SMART folks is that their membership includes Vets that normally would not have access to military campgrounds but because they are members, at least some bases allow them to stay and then authorized retirees are turned away. Hopefully their visit won't impact our stay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12712 by Oweninthekeys
Replied by Oweninthekeys on topic Sigsbe in April
Enjoy your trip, we will be making the journey in October.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12713 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Sigsbe in April
55 Rigs on the Dry list as of 3/25...
The following user(s) said Thank You: floridakamper

More
10 years 1 month ago #12714 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Sigsbe in April
Thanks for the update. Starting to do a little research on what to expect. I know we're spoiled with things like FHU's and TV and good internet access and cell service. So I'll plead guilty right now to being a "wus." From what I've read there are almost no OTA TV stations and even in FHU there is no cable. May have to look at only a week instead of two. I hear withdrawal symptoms can be pretty severe.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #12756 by Carol202
Replied by Carol202 on topic Sigsbe in April
My husband I stayed at Sigsbee last year and had a wonderful time. We both dive and even enjoyed the easy shore dive right off the waterfront of the RV park (the dry camping area). Just be careful because that is a busy channel--the cruise ship jet skiis are constantly speeding through it along with other small boats so stay near the bottom when crossing it. There are many walls on either side of the channel where we saw lots of small lobsters. There was a fiberglass boat wreck in the deepest part of the channel that had a young goliath grouper and lots of other fish swimming about. In the shallows on the other side of the channel I found a seahorse. My husband managed to find a couple of barely legal lobsters (they were in season then) and we had a nice dinner. We tried to rent a boat at Sigsbee on several occasions, but usually half of them were out of commission and we never got there early enough for their first-come policy. We finally bit the bullet and rented a small boat from a commercial marina, but we had a blast and got a lot more dive time in than we would have from a dive operation. We had several good dive sites loaded on our hand-held GPS. We went on a regular dive boat to see the Vandenburg - ask how much bottom time they are going to give you. The place we reserved with said 20 minutes, what a rip-off. We took our own boat down later and were able to do 40 minutes on nitrox on a single dive. Have fun.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #12760 by Cdr_Cody
Replied by Cdr_Cody on topic Sigsbe in April
Our trip has to be delayed for a few months. My wife took swan dive down our steps from the second floor 4 weeks ago. She spent 3 weeks in the hospital between the trauma center and acute rehab but is home now and doing in-home therapy. With luck we will be able to make local trips next month and are targeting Key West for early fall.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds