Sigsbe in April

More
10 years 3 months ago #12469 by Cdr_Cody
Sigsbe in April was created by Cdr_Cody
I have made several SCUBA trips to the Keys and am familiar with Key West and Sigsbee, but have never been there with an RV. My wife and I are planning on traveling to there the last two weeks of April and, since I'm a planner, will probably have several questions over the next, month. My first question is "Should we get an exhaust stack (Genturi) for our on-board generator?" We are concerned with disturbing neighbors if the spacing between sites is minimal in the dry camping areas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12471 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Sigsbe in April
First, no stack... The dry spots are generous in size and everyone is used to dealing with the noise and fumes. Just be considerate if neighbors are eating out next to exhaust B) .

Second, by the end of April, they will probably be very close to the end of dry rotation and you will be in full hook-up quickly.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12488 by Cdr_Cody
Replied by Cdr_Cody on topic Sigsbe in April
Thanks Kokomo36! Do you think "love bugs" will be e problem driving down the week before Easter? I lived in Orlando for a couple of years and remember having to put a screen over the front of my cars to keep the radiators clean.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12489 by surfecho
Replied by surfecho on topic Sigsbe in April
While most sites are large there are some that are a little closer. We had a large coach next to us last year that was all electric and ran the generator most of the day. The exhaust was aimed right at us and was terrible. So bad one day we had to close the door and windows on that side. I think for the cost of an exhaust stack it is something to consider.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12490 by kschultz
Replied by kschultz on topic Sigsbe in April
We've been here a week and probably another week to go before full hookups. We did move a couple of days ago in dry camp to another site because the exhaust on the rig next to us pretty much funneled in through our door. Just a word to the wise. Don't remember reading anywhere before we got here but make sure you are here before dark. You can not enter the park or move your rig after dark for safety reasons. ($100 fine)

More
10 years 3 months ago #12491 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Sigsbe in April
I can't answer you about the "love Bugs"; sorry...

In Dry Camping, there have been many open spaces and the office has been very good about allowing "approved" moves if you have issues with the site (or neighbors). Again, in April, the rotation time will be short.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds