4.7 95
Virginia 292570
July 4th, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We had to register just to give a review of this campground! We are active duty family campers (two kids - ages 7 and 4) and we really pleased with this campground. We only live about 45 minutes away and thought it would be great for the 4th weekend. There is a easy walk short walk to the beach and when VA Beach was completely overcrowded and no parking, we had our own little oasis! There were not too many people, for a beach, and we were actually able to see the nearby fireworks from the beach by the campground!! It was great to have no beach traffic!! We were in the newer section "Northend", (Northend and Southend are right by each other) and this section does not have any trees, the "Southend" did. We were right by the brand new bath house which was super clean. In the women's there were only 3 shower stalls, one was wheel chair accessible and was missing its shower curtain, which would have been very frustrating if I would have needed to use that one. Also, I don't know about the Southend, but our section did not have any grills at the campsite (we have our own, but they do have a common picnic area with grills) and there are no fire rings. Sites are a little close together, but we thought it was great, we loved being so close to the beach and it fit our needs perfectly. We didn't have cable, but we could pick up the major channels by antenna. I don't consider us people who need to be on a computer all the time, but the major negative was no WiFi. If you are going to be there long term, that could be an issue. Overall, we highly recommend this campground if you are looking to just relax and head to the beach. Close to the Oceana Commissary and Exchange, Mini Mart right nearby. Will be back!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or