4.7 95
Virginia 292353
12 June 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground on the Dam Neck Annex is a great beach hideaway. Just steps from the Atlatic Ocean, it's a great location. The grounds and the bathhouse were very neat and clean. Although the base only has a small mini-mart and gas station, all other necessary things are right down the street at local grocery stores, or, just a bit further down the street to the main base, NAS Oceana. The road is a bit tight coming and going, and all sites are back in, but there is plenty of room to maneuver into your site. The road through the campground is ONE WAY ONLY. I would recommend calling ahead to get an available site number, and watch for it so you can park as you enter. Otherwise, if you are assigned Site #2, and you have pulled all the way to the other end of the campground, you'll need to exit, go back up the street 200+ yards, then enter again to get into that site. The sites themselves are really wonderful ... nice wide, level concrete pads. There wasn't a playground for kids, and the road is not paved, so bring something other than scooters for the kids to play with. The drone firing range is right next door, so that is also something interesting for the kids to watch and learn about. We heard and saw two drones fire off. Butch, one of the hosts, was kind enough to take time and watch the drone and tell us about the training mission there. Another great beach vacation spot! I hope my travels bring me here again!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts