4.0 56
20-23 Sep, 2010
(Updated: September 24, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Since this is one of the most expensive military campgrounds, I expected more. I think $25 a day is way too much for a site with no sewer. This was not a problem for me because we stayed for only 3 days. Water lines ran along the surface of the ground. This campground is rustic. If that is what you like, you will love this place. It is also within 60 miles of Manhattan and near West Point Military Academy if those are places you want to visit. Firing ranges are nearby and we heard gunfire every day we were here - like hundreds of firecrackers going off at one time. But is was quiet at night. A lot of seasonal campers here. In fact, we were assigned one of the seasonal sites while the regular tenant was away. They seem to have the prime sites. The staff was friendly and helpful. Canoes and paddle boats are available for rent. Fishing is allowed at Round Pond and another lake. Verizon cell phone service was not good - kept losing the connection. Verizon air card service was better only because I had an external antenna. Commissary and exchange about 4 miles away. Shuttle bus service available on base which is good since convenient parking is hard to find during a regular work day.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or