3.2 33
New Jersey 51557
6 June 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was my first camping trip in my RV. I needed a test trip to see what I didn’t think of when outfitting my rig. I’ve been RV’ing with family so I’m familiar with campground etiquette.
Getting the reservation was easy enough, over the phone. When I stopped by to pick up my receipt I wasn’t given any type of briefing or list of rules, just a spot number. The area was in a nice spot along side Willow Pond, more like a lake then a pond. It has a small play ground and pavilion open to all, All-in-all plenty of space. The BX/Commissary is not quite walking distance but close by. The shoppette/Class 6, gas station and a Burger King are all in the same area. The pad was gravel and level with 30 and 20 amp service shared with adjacent site. Each site had its own water and there was a dump station at the entrance of the camp area. There was a toilet facility but no showers (you could always go to the gym to shower). There was plenty of space between each site but it was obvious guests were parking in that area instead of in front or in the parking lot. I had a rut running right in front of my door. If a picnic tables were installed that would block vehicles from parking on the side. There was several extended stay guests, one of them had set up a toyland (trampoline, Little Tot toys, etc). There is also a tent camping area nearby but it is unmaintained and those that use it, park their vehicles in the camp sites instead of the designated tent camping parking area. There is potential for a great little RV camp, if guests showed a little bit of courtesy and MWR set some guidelines. A few improvements would help too, picnic tables and showers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or