Featured
Mississippi 102450
April 18, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our first time to Shields. The manager was very nice, was in the office, or cleaning the facilities and easy to find, when I needed information, or to extend my stay one night. The park is easy to access. Off of I-10 it was only a few turns. One off of I-10 onto 49S, right on Pass Rd, and just inside the gate, right turn to the CG. The sites are level and are almost double wide so no matter if you pull forward, or leave your rig towards the rear, when you step out you are on cement. It makes for a long patio. The sites are also long. There was no problem parking a vehicle on the site. Especially nice was the wide space between pads, with grass. Sites were 50A, with water and sewer for $20 a night. In today's world, that is a very fair price. The location is very close to Beach Blvd (US-90), a scenic, yet de-moralizing view of the devastation caused by Katrina. Keesler AFB is just down the road about 15 miles as the crow flies. I rated the amenities only a 3 star, mainly because there are few. There is the office, rest room and showers, WiFi. It was disappointing to not see a club/meeting room for sit down or get-together's. Also disappointing is the lack of a dog run, but this is typical for a military installation. The edge of the park is narrow, and that is the area to walk the dogs for their daily use. Overall, this was a good value and a good overall experience. We would stay here again. We stayed in a motor home.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or