3.3 41
Michigan 68784
3 August 2023
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The reservation process for this Famcamp is unusual. You have to fill out a form, but the camp hosts will fill it out for you on the phone, then you sign it when you arrive. I don’t know if this is routine or if they were just being extra helpful for me. It was interesting writing a check to the Officer’s Club to pay for a Famcamp. This is a guard base and was in the middle of a large training evolution during our stay, so we were happy to get a spot. When I called the camp host initially thought they were full, but asked me to hang on while she looked into the schedule some more. She found a spot for one night that would fit our rig. Camp hosts were friendly and outgoing. The utilities were so-so and the site was sand and not too level. Had to use the big jack pads to keep from sinking in the sand. The area we were in had pretty spacious sites, but much of the park had sites where the rig’s awnings were nearly touching the neighbors. We walked the dogs down to the lake and found it very pretty. Dogs are not allowed on the beach. It’s clear there are long term tenants here, some sites were junky and some were very well kept.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or