3.5 18
Indiana 67058
7 - 21 July 14
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is the second time I have visited this camp and I am planning on returning soon. I like it when people have negative things to say... mostly for selfish reasons to keep it from becoming over-crowded. LOL Someone saying this isn't big rig friendly couldn't be more inaccurate - most spots are pull thru with AMPLE room. the RV area is gravel so there isn't a lot of grass around. The sewer system is a bit odd because the campground used to have TWO separate sewer systems but one has been closed due to problems, it just takes a second to survey the RV site to align any rig. Basically the RV area was cut in half and takes a second to figure out. The staff is fantastic - friendly and helpful. Although the shower house is dated it was always very clean and free washers/dryers. If you want to be on your cell, computer or TV all day this place may not be for you but if you like nature this camp is fantastic. There is a shoppette, good Commissary with gas station and the Hotel/check-in has free wifi with good connectivity, but about 5 miles from campground. Great marina with boat rentals and great fish cleaning station. Wildlife and great well-marked hiking trails abound. Reservation staff is helpful and more than willing to let people change sites when available. I will be back but hopefully this gem stays hidden to those looking to actually camp in nature.
lake
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts