FE Warren AFB famCamp

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #4131 by a Guest
FE Warren AFB famCamp was created by a Guest
Was very disapointed with the campground this year. I have attached a copy of the ICE feedback that I submitted.
This FamCamp is NOT worth the new $5.00 a night increase. The recording I get when I called is that they are open and will return my call if I leave a message. BULL, I called 4 times over two days and received no call back. I had a reservation that I could not make due to mechanical problems. I was delayed one day. Trying to find out anything is a JOKE. When I finally get there, the office is closed and no camp host. This FamCamp has no decent ammenities that make it worth the new $20.00 a night fee. No WiFi, Poor TV reception and no cable to offer, isolated and overrun with bugs, etc. I have no idea what the combo is for the mens and womans showers. It is just not worth it. I have been comming here every year for the past three years, however, no more. I will utilize the off base campgrounds or Walmart. I don't know if I was charged for my stay or not. When I made my reservation they asked for my Credit Card, and since I won't be getting a bank statement for another month I just don't know. I did not fill out an envelope to put in the drop box, as I don't know if I was already charged or not (no office help or camp host to ask), so if I have not been charged you can notify me and I will send in the envelope in the mail or you can run the credit card that I gave to secure my reservation. I have left good reviews before on the military campgrounds web site @ www.militarycampgrounds.us however I will be doing an up to date review that I am sure will not reflect in this FamCamps best interest.
I will await to hear what their response is going to be.
Frank

ICE Feedback
Got a call from the Outdoor Rec people at about 0830 the following morning. They were not aware that they still had the old phone message stateing that they were open and to leave a message and they would return our call. They said that the previous Friday was the last day that the FamCamp Office was manned and that after that the Outdoor Rec Office was to be used, however they had not made a new phone recording.
They also said that the "Season' was still in effect until they turned off the water and sewer which would probably be in early to mid October. It appears that their "season" is of the RV'ers to continue paying their high rates, while not having any personel present. Their "Off Season Rates" of $10.00 a night for elect only will go into affect when they turn off the water and sewer. I commented that normally the "Season" is usually between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but they said that their season is from when they could turn on the water and sewer to when they had to turn them off.
They were appologetic as to the mis-communicatons, however they sure defensive about it.
They said the reason for the 25% ($5.00 / day) price increase came from higher up. I still feel that this is excessive to what they have to offer or what they don't have.
All in all, it was nice that they replied to my ICE feedback at such a timely fashion.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5319 by Billr
Replied by Billr on topic Re: FE Warren AFB famCamp
I have to agree with some of the other poor reviews.
The base was originally an army frontier fort from the Indian wars and has some great history. It is mostly red brick and very laid back. It must be accessed through Missile Drive as the main gate side of the base has several narrow tunnels with less than 10 ft of clearance. The camp is shaded but the trees are leaking a sticky sap that coats everything in June. What a MESS. The rig, the ground, you, and our cat got coated with the stuff. ARGH!!! Not sure how long this lasts. As commented, the staff is mostly indifferent to guests. There is a small Commissary, Bx and Gas station (no diesel). We went there mostly out of nostalgia and curiosity. Both were more than satisfied.
Bill

More
13 years 8 months ago #7559 by floridakamper
We stayed there for one night recently and I agree that this is not a well run famcamp. The main problem was with our reservation that got screwed up twice in one week. On the day of arrival they called and told me they gave my site to someone else and had nothing left but dry camping for ten dollars a night. Even if the reservation had not been fouled up, the campground is not well maintained, the staff indifferent as previously mentioned, the tree limbs need trimming to avoid damage to your rig and basically a poorly maintained facility. If you go there, expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #7568 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: FE Warren AFB famCamp
I feel the same about expecting the worst. Last time we were there (2 years ago) they messed up our reservations also. I said I would stay at a local CG or walmart before staying there again. They are very overpriced for what little they provide, and what you have to put up with.
I guess things have not changed in the last couple of years.
Frank

More
13 years 8 months ago #7569 by floridakamper
We spent two weeks at Ellsworth AFB prior to FE Warren and we've been at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs since. The contrast between a well run famcamp and FE Warren is tremendous. All three are the same price but FE Warren isn't even a close runner up to the other two. I don't know if it's lack of commmand support, poor management or what. From reading the reviews what I experienced is the "NORM." Too bad.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10372 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Re: FE Warren AFB famCamp
Well looks like I will avoid FE Warren on our trip west next summer.

MSgt. USAF Retired

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds