Jim Creek

More
17 years 1 month ago #297 by Chiefswife
Jim Creek was created by Chiefswife
Just wondering how the road to Jim Creek is. Is it paved?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #372 by jrmileranch
Replied by jrmileranch on topic Re: Jim Creek
Where is Jim Creek? 8)

More
17 years 1 month ago #373 by Chiefswife
Replied by Chiefswife on topic Re: Jim Creek
East of Arlington, WA

More
17 years 1 month ago #453 by windsor05
Replied by windsor05 on topic Re: Jim Creek
Yes it is paved. Take 530 off of I-5 to Jim Creek Road, follow it to the end at the Base about 6.5 miles. Winter mode is in effect until 1 May. All RV sites are open and 10 of the 20 Cabins are open for Winter months. Really a nice place to stay.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6184 by Navy ADC
Replied by Navy ADC on topic Re:Jim Creek
Yes it is and easy to get in & out from Arlington WA

More
14 years 9 months ago #6216 by NavyStore
Replied by NavyStore on topic Re:Jim Creek
Yep it is! I'm spending the July 4th weekend here and it was an easy drive. There are several grocery stores in Arlington at SR530 & SR9 and the Jim Creek campground has a small supply hut (marshmallows, sodas, camping supplies and firewood). The sky is open to the south so satellites should work (see several but I don't have one) and you can pick up about 14 Digital TV stations (better at night-only get 4 during the day) with the little tuner I got at Target and a Batwing antenna with the UHF upgrade from Winegard.

Verizon cell service works at the RV area, but I haven't hiked back to the Twin Lakes yet (5 miles and it's 90F). I am using my cell as a modem to post this, but the EVDO connection is sporadic, dropping to 1X mostly.

Water pressure is kind of low at my pad, so I'll have to try the Base showers tomorrow morning. Power is 30A and appears steady, even with most RV's running their AC units during the day.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds