Looking for Info - Eielson FamCamp

More
6 years 10 months ago #16105 by tomsgrl4life
We are thinking of trying to get to Eielson via Space-A and was wondering if the FamCamp there was doable or should we look elsewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #16109 by cdrcos
FAMCAMP is good and the other one on the same base (Joint Base Eielson Richardson) is even better: Black Spruce, although Eielson is close to the PX/Commissary.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
6 years 9 months ago #16113 by cdrcos
Camping at Eielson FAMCAMP 2012

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida
Attachments:

More
5 years 9 months ago #16701 by chengdave2003
We didn't find the camping at Eielson FamCamp that great (as of two years ago). The host was wonderful and told us the famcamp was almost closed due to expansion of the airport runway, and in fact, some of the electrical utilities had been removed. Then they found a technicality that prevented the runway to be extended so they kept the famcamp, but did not replace the removed utilities (not all the electrical was removed). You had to pay to shower and the washer/dryer was expensive. Mosquito's were terrible... I don't remember the rates, but Eielson was expensive to stay at for what we got.

I hope they have improved things since then, but as of two years ago it was the worst famcamp we had stayed at.

BTW, Fort Greely (about 100 miles from Fairbanks) has primitive camping, but is next to the gym so showers are very available. $10 a night and we were the only ones in the campground.... We had three moose (bull and two cows) walk by our camp not 100 feet from us....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1150GS, Suzq

More
5 years 9 months ago #16707 by Blackdog
I was there last month on my way to the Dempster. Water was very bad and would stain your cloths yellow in you used the wash machine. Mosquitos vicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suzq

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds