Seward Resort

More
10 years 10 months ago #11846 by jtm012
Seward Resort was created by jtm012
Hi, I'm planning a fishing trip staying at the Seward Resort and using their motel. (leaving the motor home this trip) Want to do both Halibut and Salmon fishing. Looking to arrive around 25th of August for a week. Anyone had any experience using their fishing charters, motel etc. Looking to bringing home some halibut. It cost about 15.99 a lb around here, so that's a great excuse to convince the wife I need to go fishing!. Thanks for any info including how to get the filets back to the states. John M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #11847 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Seward Resort
It's been a couple of years, but we did that in the month of July as part of an overall trip to AK. Had a fantastic time. We flew into Anchorage and took the Alaskan Railroad train to Seward. Lots of Kodak moments along the way. The fishing charters were by lottery and may still be. That means you might not get onto a boat if your name isn't drawn for the day. There are more people wanting to go than boats during the summer months. At the time, there were only four boats with occupancy for six fishers, but everyone made at least one catch. As far as I know, there isn't any salmon fishing on these charters, but rather it's black bass and halibut. We stayed in one of the condo type lodges. You can walk to town from the resort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtm012

More
10 years 9 months ago #11880 by Army Guy
Replied by Army Guy on topic Re: Seward Resort
Hi there. We stayed there in late summer 09 at the rv park. Great time. We were able to go out on scheduled trip with no issues. All on the boat caught limit of 2 each person. The resort has a cleaning station right there for your use. We also stopped in Homer and went fishing there on one of their charters. It was close to end of season so we got half off the charter price and ended up going to the same water area as we did in Seward.
Good luck and enjoy, we sure did.

Rick & Jana
Army Retired (2009) Fulltimers since 2006
2006 Mobile Suites RL3 (Our house on Wheels)
2014 Ram Big Horn 3500

Living the Dream

More
10 years 9 months ago #11881 by jtm012
Replied by jtm012 on topic Re: Seward Resort
Thanks for the note. I'll probably do a report when I get back. Hopefully it won't be too late to gather some halibut. John M

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds