Ft. Meade

More
12 years 7 months ago #8861 by larrygranny1
Ft. Meade was created by larrygranny1
Stayed at this locations for 16 days. large open area. Garrison COmmander does enforce the no homestead rule. Used my over 65 card and was given the price of 18.50 per day. Had earthquake and hurricane in one week. lol Px and commissary are wonderful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8863 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Re: Ft. Meade
I agree with the above comments and feel lucky to have Camp Meade, especially because of the location. We stop each year on our trip north for an overnight.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8864 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Ft. Meade
Meade was once a 'homestead haven' and simply moved same units from site to site ... a few times when in that area, stayed at the AP Hill site instead, less money, and less nice, but I liked it anyway, was pretty quiet there except during the hunting seasons.

Suddenly - either a change of command, or someone shaking the tree - Meade began enforcing the 'no homestead' rules. Still one of the most expensive ($30 night about five years ago) around when most others were less than $20. But would rather pay more and get a nice place than go outside of MCGs anytime.

Nice to know that half-price rule in effect - will probably stop there on this trip sometime as we'll be close.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8867 by larrygranny1
Replied by larrygranny1 on topic Re: Ft. Meade
The bathrooms were spotless, fairly new washers and dryer's the staff was very friendly and helpful to us. No complaints from this family.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds