Cape Henry Inn

More
13 years 1 month ago #8321 by jonich11792
Cape Henry Inn was created by jonich11792
Not sure if people on this site can help me. I have a week reserved for our family of 6 - in June. The Bayview. The reviews I have read are sporadic and mostly I just CANNOT tell if this is going to be a good location to spend a week!!

We've stayed at Shades of Green twice and are hoping for something similar.

Anyone know? I read where beds are uncomfortable....(???)...

Thanks in advance!!! (the kids want to go to myrtle beach so that's my 'competition' :)!!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8352 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Cape Henry Inn
We have stayed in the Inn (vs the Bayview cottage you have selected) twice. It is a very nice place.. Books itself as a rec center.

It is no Shades of Green. If the Bayview is where I think it is, it's right next to the hotel/meeting center. It has a walkway to the beach, bay side of the Cape so almost no waves.

The Cape Henry Inn is on Fort Story near the Western Gate. There isn't anything to walk to on station from the Inn. You can walk west up the beach to the First Landing State Park. Virginia Beach (the beach proper, not just the City) is out the East gate, about 80th Street and Atlantic Ave (the "Strip" begins at 40th St) so you have 40 blocks of houses before the "Strip" begins"

The Inn is at Virginia Beach. We have the Aquarium, all of the Navy bases, the Wild life refuges, A kizzilion miles of primo beaches, Ft Monroe and their museum and Jefferson Davis' prison cell, The USS Wisconsin, my grade school (they tore it down but the lot is there), Day trip to the Wright Brothers Memorial, free ferry ride on the way to the Wright Brothers.. great seafood (she crab soup at Charlies is great!) Lighthouses, two onboard Ft Story.

Oh.. the bed was super.. slept like a baby..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds