Carr Point Newport RI

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #7326 by rif00299
Does anyone know why you cannot make a reservation at Carr Point in Newport? Even the folks at MWR say they have no idea but it looks like the campground is closing??? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #7356 by elmbc
Replied by elmbc on topic Re: Carr Point Newport RI
Per phone call with Newport Naval Station MWR today, Carr Point is "Closed for DEM work. Hoping to open next year (2011)."

More
13 years 11 months ago #7370 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Carr Point Newport RI
Last year when I was there the MRW said they we're expanding and rebuilding, and adding sewer etc... so apparently, that is what's happening. It has always been a low-key place, just water and power, not even a dump. Had to go elsewhere and pay. So, hope they do a good job, that's a really nice area to visit.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7372 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Carr Point Newport RI
Last year when I was there the MRW said they we're expanding and rebuilding, and adding sewer etc... so apparently, that is what's happening. It has always been a low-key place, just water and power, not even a dump. Had to go elsewhere and pay. So, hope they do a good job, that's a really nice area to visit.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7747 by marsray
Replied by marsray on topic Re:Carr Point Newport RI
I was there the end of August and made a reservation in June with no problem. Out of the 6 sites there, 5 were being used. Maybe things have changed now?

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds