Shuttle to DC

More
15 years 2 months ago #5478 by gmflanigan
Shuttle to DC was created by gmflanigan
We would like to stay at Fort Meade and have read on other sites there is a shuttle to the Mall in DC. Does anyone know if this is correct? We don't want to tow a vehicle & aren't sure about the distance to the Metro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5483 by cheldreth
Replied by cheldreth on topic Re:Shuttle to DC
I am not sure about Fort Meade having a shuttle, however, Cherry Hill Park is one of only a few campgrounds in the DC area. It will cost more than Meade, but there is Metro bus from the campground to the Metro station which is only a couple of miles away. The Metro station has a huge parking area if you wanted to drive your toad to the station. On the Metro you can get within walking distance of most of the tourist locations in downtown DC.

I enjoy the Camp Meade campground but if I were going to downtown DC, I would opt for Cherry Hill Park.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
15 years 2 months ago #5486 by gmflanigan
Replied by gmflanigan on topic Re:Shuttle to DC
Thanks for the info!

More
15 years 2 months ago #5487 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re:Shuttle to DC
I'm a "local".. live on the Orange line..

Ft Mead.. per Google the CG is 2.3 miles from the MARC (Maryland Area Regional Commuter)(Penn Line) Odenton Station..
www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/

Quantico has a VRE (Virginia Railway Express) on station.

www.vre.org/

I know that the VRE from Quantico works, a fellow retiree used it last summer..

More
15 years 1 month ago #5553 by slowpez
Replied by slowpez on topic Re:Shuttle to DC
We have stayed at Ft. Meade twice now as a convenient place to tour DC. The parking at Odenton Station was enlarged on our last visit. You used to have to go early and park at the fire station and then walk to the station. No more. They now have a huge lot and it was never full during our last visit.
Considering the price of Cherry Hill, I would opt for the convenience of Ft. Meade. The drive takes all of five minutes and you can buy your train tickets in advance.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds