Water Parks at VA military bases

More
15 years 2 months ago #5316 by ColFred
We are planning a trip to Virginina this summer and will be staying at one of the bases in the Norfolk area. With kids, we'd like to go to a base that has a good pool or water park. I have heard that Ocean Pines at Oceana has one as does Little Creek. Has anyone seen the water parks and are they worth it? Another option is Cheatam Annex which is right near Waater Country USA - but that is sure to be a more expensive water park even though it will be much bigger.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5317 by bill6750
We were at Little Creek last year and never saw a water park. I don't even think I saw a swimming pool.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
15 years 2 months ago #5328 by Sandman
Been through Oceana & don't remember seeing one.. the RV park is isolated from Main Side..

Dam Neck is across the dunes from the beach..

Ft Monroe has the Beach Club (old Officers' club) across the road.. pool & beach..

That's all I can think of..

More
14 years 10 months ago #5886 by vanole
Little Creek for sure has a water park. It about 3/4 a mile past MacDonalds on the left behind the officers club. When you play the golf course at Little Creek one of the holes 11th or 12th looks down on the pool. Place looks nice.

Oceana has pools not sure about water park. Campground is off base actually between the base and commissary. Easier to get around in than Little Creek FAMCAMP. Place used to be a mobile home park. Its located on Harpers Road. Host is awesome. Only negative is water is rusty all the time. Bath house is new and clean.

V/R
Jeff

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5887 by cdrcos
Here is an aerial photo of the "water park" at LC NAB:

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by cdrcos.

More
14 years 8 months ago #6196 by SkyWatcher
I would recommend Cheateam Annex, because as stated before Water Country is right up the street and the kids will love you for it, and Busch Gardens is a very short ride away, and who want to have to be dealing with Norfolk and the 64 traffic, a half a day is gone on that note alone

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds