Fort Mead

More
16 years 7 months ago #1540 by pncreech
Fort Mead was created by pncreech
We are pretty new to the system and would appreciate any suggestions on how to get from Ft Mead to the DC area via local transit, etc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1541 by karylkoch
Replied by karylkoch on topic Re: Fort Mead
There is an Amtrak train not far, from the fort. Ask when you sign in, and I am sure they will give you the exact directions. It is only a few miles, and is very convenient. Enjoy your trip, there is so much to see.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1549 by cheldreth
Replied by cheldreth on topic Re: Fort Mead
We like Fort Meade as well for visiting Baltimore. If we are going to visit DC, we chose to stay at Quantico Marine Base south of DC or at Cherry Hill Park. Cherry Hill is a civilian campground at College Park, MD and is pricy but the location to public transportation to DC really offsets some of the cost. You can easily drive to the Metro station or take a Metro bus right from the campground to the Metro station.

The Lunga Park campsites at Quantico are on a lake that is just breath taking. Plenty of wildlife and sunsets to die for.

Welcome to the site.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5700 by glsurratt
Replied by glsurratt on topic Re:Fort Mead
Has anybody been to Ft. Meade lately? If so, could you provide information for the Campground listings. There are several reviews, but the information on the campground itself is not available.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5702 by karylkoch
Replied by karylkoch on topic Re:Fort Mead
Make sure to make reservations. They have a lot of homesteaders, but make room for people who have reservations. thanks to the new management. They are one of the highest priced campgrounds in the military famcamps, so don't be surprised. They do not give discounts on length of stay, but do give discounts for golden age passes. The sites are large and nice. They have two buildings for showers. They do not have wifi, but have a very slow hook in their lounge. I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions and that I can answer, please let me know.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5707 by karylkoch
Replied by karylkoch on topic Re:Fort Mead
I forgot to mention Ft Meade, has a great commissary. It is one of the largest I have seen since we have been traveling. We also really like there meats. There spare ribs are delicious. We will be at Ft Meade, April 3rd, so if you are there before me, save us some.:laugh:

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds