Cheatham Annex, Naval Supply Williamsburg, VA

More
2 years 10 months ago #17619 by CharlesT
Took a week before writing to think about review critic. We (DW and I) have been camping at Cheatham for the last 7 years and have enjoyed this once a gem located in the Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown Historical area. But our most recent visit (June 6-12) was somewhat disappointing. 1) Check-in office had relocated but no notice was given to guest prior to arrival. This was 2nd move since 2018. Better location but still no official notice and driving around with TT in tow could have been avoided. Should have provided site location prior to check-in especially on Sunday. 2) Grass cutting signs posted scheduled for WEDNESDAYs, instead grass cutting was done on Monday. Had to move picnic table and tent at moments notice. Thank goodness we were at TT but we were eating dinner (7pm). 3) Website stated cable service but there is none and hasn't been for awhile. 4) WIFI - what's there to say except to say there isn't, although it's listed as spotty. 5) Lost power on base last night due to storm. I know this was unavoidable but inconvenient. I guess I need to invest in a generator which isn't part of a TT standard or optional equipment. Another piece of additional that may never be used again. We are not boondockers so never would think about it. However the good. Did meet a former Navy Captain who was friendly. Sorry couldn't take him up on invitation and tour of his Class A. Also to the Army Sergeant who was medically retired and his wife who were downright friendly and outgoing. Would have loved to hear his story of being wounded in Middle East and lost his legs. He is on a very good mission going base to base telling his story to others both wounded and not. Much respect to him. Cheatham is starting to go the way of a lot of other military bases especially on the Navy side. Seems Navy doesn't care anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds