Bethany Beach Training Site

More
9 years 3 months ago #13363 by Doneitall
For those of you who frequent this FamCamp, be advised that the 'main' gate (right off Del Route 1, next to the helo) is no longer open now that construction is largely completed. This is the location that your GPS will lead you to. The current gate to utilize is the one that was used prior to the start of construction, located next to the BBQ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #16708 by Doneitall
A further update...if you're using the sites near the Salt Pond, pets are now allowed. Normal rules apply. No pets allowed in the back-in sites near the bathhouse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Kelly

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #17753 by Doneitall
Looks like the rate increase for BBTS has come to fruition. Pull-thru sites will experience a 33% increase; from $30/night to $40/night. Additionally, the RV sites (as well as has been the case, the trailers) will now be included in the lottery system. The attached pdf spells all of this out in detail. Pay particular attention to the periods of non-availability. My past experience tells me that these dates aren't necessarily periods of military activity but times when the post has been used for various summer camps (civilian). On two times I've been there during these camping activities and once I was denied a spot due to the presence of campers. Looks like BBTS will now become an off-season destination for me.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Doneitall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

More
1 year 4 months ago #17843 by Doneitall
Well, maybe there was a lot of pushback but as of October of 2022, there has been no rate increase. Still $30 for both sections and I haven't experienced any difficulties reserving a site despite the various blackout period. Don't know what happened to make this go away but I'm glad it did.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #17885 by Doneitall
After a period of on-again, off-again, it now seems like the rate increase I've referred to as well as the lottery for RV site availability is on-again. I'm now waiting to see if I'll be able to get a site in May. In the 10+ years that I've camped here, I've never seen it completely full. If I can figure how to attach a file. I'll up load the 2023 Lottery document.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Doneitall. Reason: Uploading attachment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, greyhound73772

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds