Washington, DC Area

More
11 years 1 month ago #11202 by tankerh14
We are trying to find someplace close around July 4, so we can participate in the Rolling Thunder Event. We have just started to travel in our motorhome. We are NEW to this. Would appreciate all the help we can get.
Thank You,
Howard & Deb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11203 by subldo
Replied by subldo on topic Re: Washington, DC Area
we have stayed at Cherry Hill RV park in College Park Md. Its a very nice campground. There is bus transportation to the nearest metro line which you can take into the DC area to tour the city and museums.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tankerh14

More
11 years 1 month ago #11204 by floridakamper
I've never stayed at Cherry Hill but I've heard it's a little pricey. Not surprising due to it's location. The military campground at Fort Meade is very nice and secure. Rates are $33 - $38 a night and they give a 20% discount with the Golden Access Pass. My mapping software says Camp Meade is 28 miles to D.C. More info on Camp Meade is available in the Recreation Facility Info on this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tankerh14

More
11 years 1 month ago #11208 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Washington, DC Area
Andrews is closest Military Campground, Ft. Mead (as mentioned) Navy Solomons isn't too far.. Ft Belvoir may be open by then... Quantico is closed as of now..
Greenbelt park is close and reasonable www.nps.gov/gree/planyourvisit/greenbeltparkcampground.htm
Pohick Bay.. www.nvrpa.org/park/pohick_bay/content/camping_fees
Bull Run Park.. www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run/
Prince William Forest Park.. www.nps.gov/prwi/planyourvisit/rvcampground.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Kelly, tankerh14

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds