Full time in DC area

More
11 years 10 months ago #10138 by joe22790
Looking for some info or recommendations from anyone, especially active duty who has full time RV'ed during a tour in DC area. My main campground would be Andrews with Ft Meade and Quantico being my back up. I am curious to see if anyone has done it and how bad that commute is when you are forced to Ft Meade and Quantico.

I will be working in downtown DC at FAA Headquarters, 800 Independence Ave.

Thanks,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10146 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Full time in DC area
Have no idea how close you are to Ft Hill, but it has sites there, but not much for services. Been inactive awhile - I actually like it there for a short stay, very quiet except during hunting season. Ain't been there in a couple years though

More
11 years 9 months ago #10273 by Sgreen5801
Replied by Sgreen5801 on topic Re: Full time in DC area
The commute is getting worse, picture NY on a good day. You definetly have to have a good gps or know back streets. Andrews is a good campsite but when you read about homesteading Andrews has started it. I heard Ft Meade is nice but not worth the commute. If you could get away with staying on Bolling that would be your best bet. Only thing is they don't have a campground.

Just leave two hours early and three hours after work you'll be good (joking) good luck

More
11 years 9 months ago #10276 by rvgrammy1953
Military Campgrounds are for "RECREATION" not "trailer parks"....suggest you may want to look into any local "mobile home parks" there....some do let regular campers stay for long term.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Doneitall

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds