Brunswick Naval Air Station

More
15 years 10 months ago #3403 by RVAnnie
We are leaving from NC on Tuesday (June 17th) and traveling up to Maine. Not sure of the exact date we will get there, but it should be within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Is anyone familiar with Great Pond Outdoor Adventure Center? Is is really busy this time of year? Can we take our chances without calling to secure an RV site, since we do not know our ETA?

I see there are only 18 camping spaces. We will only stay for 2 to 3 nights.

Thanks for your reply in advance,
RVAnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #3450 by Mad Dog
June is a great time to visit Great Pond. It doesn't seem to get busy till July. We have a motorhome and have always been able to find a spot. But I would call first as its quite a drive out there.

More
14 years 11 months ago #5985 by Gansett
I agree, just call them. I think you will be arriving just at the start of the camping season. We stayed there 3 years ago and loved it. Just be prepared, as it is out-of-the-way. I loved fishing the "pond." Boat rentals are available for very reasonable rate.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6105 by Greatpond
We have plenty of campsites. Just give us a call and let us know what day you think you might be arriving. Our phone number is 207-584-2000.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #6106 by Hawkeye 84
Last time I was in Brunswich, I was attending an all expenses paid week at the local SERE school, in February no less! Yea, not the smartest thing in the world to do at that time of year. I'm still traumatized!:laugh: :silly: ;)

"Criminal #64 appologies for being an imperialist American!"

Say didn't someone just make that same sort of statement in Cairo a week or two ago? :ohmy: :laugh: B)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Hawkeye 84.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7825 by ackro
War criminal #48, Warner Springs graduate, Jan '75!

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds