New England fall Trip

More
7 years 1 month ago #15870 by JJnLilly
Beginning to plan a fall 2017 trip through the New England states from NE Ohio. Looking for any suggestions as to routes, what to see, what to avoid and where to stay. Travelling in a 34' fifth wheel and may have a non-military unit travelling with us.

At this point looking at leaving sometime before Labor and and spending 3-4 weeks on the road.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #15871 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic New England fall Trip
Old Sturbridge Village and Plimoth Plantation ... great historical villages, very true to life in the early years of our country.

Hanscomb Air Base has a great MCG (and commissary) - and it seems they've done some upgrades to the campground since we were last there. IT's always been a bit more like Camping than like RV'ing ... but we always enjoyed it.

More
7 years 1 month ago #15878 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic New England fall Trip
As for what to avoid, I'd put "Stink Bugs" at the top of the list. A number of years ago they became a problem for us on our fall trips up the east coast. October is a particularly bad month.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #15918 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic New England fall Trip
Check the Mass Pike website.. they were closing their toll booths and going to EZ-Pass and other forms of billing.. Mass Pike is one of the more reasonable toll roads..

Cross the Hudson at I-84, Newbergh or North.. Tappen Zee or GW are about $30.00 ? $80.00 (YES $80!)..

I-84 at the Deleware River.. Pennsylvania - New York... Immediately inside New York is Exit #1 Port Jarvis.. to the left, at the bottom of the exit ramp X100 yards is New Jersey.. Diesel prices can drop $0.30 a gallon in that 100 yards.. Five or so big Diesel stations and fast food.. In the rear truck "pits" of the Valero Station.. wish the old Sikh guy "Namaste" (nah-miss-stay), he will wash your windshied!

Check Round Pond at USMA, West Point.. they should allow a guest (openion, from what I've seen there).. if you do stop at West Point.. The "O" club has an "all hands" lunch buffet.. Million $$$ view from the club.. park by the river and there is a stairway up to the "O" club..
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Sandman.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds