Routing advice needed FL to MA

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13645 by rvdreamers
Need routing advice please. Traveling from Florida to Massachusetts this summer. Don't want to stay on 95. This is more or less what we have so far:
95 to 77 to 81.
We want to access the Mass turnpike but not sure if it's better to go up and out of the way to 88, or take 84 to 87. Thinking the extra mileage might be an easier drive? Anyone had experience on these roads?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13647 by Teeshot1
Where would you get on 77 and 81? What part of MA are you going to? How many extra miles/hours does this add to your trip?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13648 by Sarge3398
You take I-26 outside of Charleston, SC to I-77 at Columbia, SC. Take 77 to I-81 outside of Wytheville, VA. Take I-84 into Mass.

Have a great trip!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #13651 by CapeCodBob
Stay @ Fort Chiswell rv park in VA @ 77/81 they have some coraled animals, then bogey up to Tri State campground on 84 in PA. They have nightly BBQ
Have not done 88 or 87 to mass pike/90, but have done 84 to 90 and if you are looking for a scenic drive 84 in CT is not your way.

I like the sound of 88 or 87. The difference in traffic would be worth it to me. 95 north to NE is not to bad up to Richmond VA, after that no fun.

I take 95 S to FL in winter just to stay out of the icey mtns, and 77 to 81 to 84 home.

BUY AMERICAN KEEP AMERICANS WORKING
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by CapeCodBob. Reason: correctb error

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13655 by monkey44
If you take I77 to I 81, to I84 to I87 and into MA, you will add less than 100 miles to the trip and it is worth every mile and every penny.

I made the trip from Cape Cod to Tampa and back for years and years, and took a variety of routes, but with RV, no doubt take the I81 sequence north -- if you stay on I95, you will rip out every hair in your head, and then start on the arms, legs, and eyebrows before you finish. I95 is crazy, traffic and construction ... damaged roads.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #13662 by Sandman
We do this "run" every year or two..

Hudson River.. can cost a Kings Ransom to cross.. We cross on I -84 (I-84 is $6.50.. Tappen Zee is $27.00, GW is $36.00 all for F-350 & 5er, 4 axles)

Stop at West Point, Round Pond is "Old Money" Rec Center, buildings are stone with slate roofs, a great stop.. "All Hands" lunch at the Officers Club, scenic overlook of the river is a great time..

I-84.. New York Exit #1.. Port Jervis.. at the end of the exit ramp us the Northwestern tip of New Jersey.. Diesel prices can be $0.30 a gal cheaper south of ramp vs north of ramp..

Westover AFB is a great stop in central New England.. Fourth Cliff is an oceanfront jewel.. don't miss it..

Enjoy!
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Sandman.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds