Any updates on CARR POINT?

More
11 years 10 months ago #10131 by kcid
Since there haven't been any updates posted, I just thought I would ask.

One of the comments from about 4 years ago stated that CARR POINT was getting ready to go through renovations. Well? What's the scoop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10498 by TopV06
They have padded sights with water and elec. Sights are along the water with nice views of the bay and fishing. Best i can do. New to TT camping so not sure what to look for. Was by there over the weekend.

More
10 years 10 months ago #11793 by polarlys
Planning on a couple of days there next month. I will refresh this thread when we get home. Seems to be a very nice place. They only have 6 sites, I think. I was lucky that when I called they had a site available for us for 3 nights.

More
10 years 9 months ago #11863 by polarlys
Well, just got home today. We spent 3 days at Carr Pt. at Newport Naval Sta. in Rhode Island. Beautiful location but bare bones sites. They have 6 relatively level gravel sites with water and electric available to each. No sewer and no dump station available. Also no showers/laundry . No camp host so all paperwork and reservations are done over the phone and mail. Nice area and very convenient to visiting Newport. We would surely stay there again and would recommend it to anybody traveling through the area. They were fully occupied except for one site, one night was vacant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

More
10 years 9 months ago #11865 by monkey44
MCG is nice, right on the inlet, but not much there. I'd stay again, just because it's Newport and has all base services.

This one has been taking for years and years about upgrading, but hasn't done anything. There is a private campground up the hill that has a deal with the base that will dump you for $10 or so.

Not very friendly folks, so don't expect a band and a dance when you arrive, but you can dump there.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds