Great Lakes Naval Training Center Details

• Kokomo36
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Roger & Bonnie 2014 Phaeton 40QBH & Jeep Liberty
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #13029 by Kokomo36
I found the instructions a little confusing, so I hope to give you more details here.
As stated, enter through the Main Gate off of IL-137 (Buckley Rd). Just ID's were needed. Once you depart the Main Gate, go 0.2 miles straight ahead (to the end) and make a Right on Sampson. Then get into the left lane and make an immediate left onto Decatur. Go 0.1 miles and make a Right onto Mahan (just past the white gazebo on the left). Go down the hill to the Stop sign (0.2 miles). Straight ahead from the Stop, about 60 feet, is the sewage dump on the right (the Marina Building with showers is also there on your right). Turning left at the Stop sign will put you on Ziegemeier Rd. At 0.3 miles there water fill is at the Nunn Beach Pavilion on your right, and the Campground is another 0.4 miles on your right.

As suggested, somewhere around here, call MWR (847-688-6675) and get your site number and go set up. After that, you can drive your car to check in at the Navy Lodge at Bldg. 62. which is NOT in the area of the Campground.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Kokomo36. Reason: Found the answer and thought it would be helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pantcor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #13056 by Rev. Rich
If you have a unexpired military ID then you will not need a vehicle pass as the ID is the pass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokomo36

• Kokomo36
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Roger & Bonnie 2014 Phaeton 40QBH & Jeep Liberty
More
9 years 7 months ago #13061 by Kokomo36
I found the instructions a little confusing, so I hope to give you more details here.
As stated, enter through the Main Gate off of IL-137 (Buckley Rd). Just ID's were needed. Once you depart the Main Gate, go 0.2 miles straight ahead (to the end) and make a Right on Sampson. Then get into the left lane and make an immediate left onto Decatur. Go 0.1 miles and make a Right onto Mahan (just past the white gazebo on the left). Go down the hill to the Stop sign (0.2 miles). Straight ahead from the Stop, about 60 feet, is the sewage dump on the right (the Marina Building with showers is also there on your right). Turning left at the Stop sign will put you on Ziegemeier Rd. At 0.3 miles there water fill is at the Nunn Beach Pavilion on your right, and the Campground is another 0.4 miles on your right.

As suggested, somewhere around here, call MWR (847-688-6675) and get your site number and go set up. After that, you can drive your car to check in at the Navy Lodge at Bldg. 62. which is NOT in the area of the Campground.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds