An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

NAVY VET 100% DAV NORTH CAROLINA New Member

More
7 years 8 months ago #14891 by maxjr758
Wife and I just completed our first trip to a FAMCAMP a couple of weeks ago, and we loved it, and were pleased,and proud of the facilities ! We went in for the full experince, sponcering my B-I-L and S-I-L as it was them that kinda got us into RVing.
Wealso had our daughter,her boyfriend,and our grandaughter, who was born with Spina Bifida, and uses a wheelchair for mobility.
Seamless process, execpt for getting onto the base, which would'nt have been a problem, but we arrivede after the Pass& ID office closed due to a blwout on our camper on I-95 near Pooler, Ga. We didn't arrive untill almost 10 pm and the lady at Pass&Id told us we would have to come back each day of our 7 day stay to get a new pass, due to the printer being down. went back next morning and was issued a pass for the remainder of our stay.
Needless to say I was Proud of the base and its facilities, and glad my relatives got to see and experince a taste of Navy Life.
The campground was in great condition and was spotless, the grass was mowed twice in our 6 day stay.Restroom, bath house, and laundry faclities were spotless. Close access to almost deserted beach via a board walk over the dunes was great! sitting on the beach under our EasyUP enjoying the breeze, and watching the ship traffic was a truly enjoyable experince.
The only down side to our stay there was no ramped accessed to the beach for my grandaughter who is in a wheelchair. She is only 7 y/o so not a problem, but a major obstacle for an adult in a wheelchair. Parking area side of boardwalk was ramped, but beach side access was down several steep stepps. will deinitely be back !

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14944 by lorrayne622
Welcome and glad you tried famcamping, you gave the base such glorious praise but we don't which famcamp you stayed in. It sounds like a place we would enjoy. Please give the details and continue to enjoy them there are a lot with awesome amenities.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14945 by floridakamper
Ship traffic, beach, well maintained.... My guess would be Pelican Roost at Mayport Naval Station.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorrayne622

More
7 years 8 months ago #14946 by maxjr758
Sorry for the oversight ! It was in fact Pelicans Roost RV Park on Naval Station Mayport ! A great first experience with Famcamps.
Sitting at USCG MARATHON, as I type this ! Keeping an eye on the weather, trying to deside whether to bug out 3 days early or not ?

2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

More
7 years 8 months ago #14947 by floridakamper
I'd watch it for another day or two. The forecasts I'm watching are all over the place. It should make it's track known soon.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14950 by maxjr758
We've had lots of thunder & lightning and some heavy rain but not much wind, this is ahead of the other weather system. I'd think the USCG would advise us it's time to go, but I want to beat the rush out and to other Famcamps. Thinking of heading back to Manatee Cove!

2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds