Anyone At Ellsworth AFB

More
13 years 9 months ago #7509 by floridakamper
We're headed to Ellsworth early next week and hope to stay at the Famcamp. If anyone is presently there, how crowded is it? I saw a post from I believe the host from last year that said to use the commercial gate....is that still good advice? Are you permitted to put a small tent next to your motorhome? Any advice appreciated. Bob (currently in Illinois and headed west)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #7519 by floridakamper
We've been here at Ellsworth for a couple of nights now. The campground is full. We had to spend the first night in over-flow. Overall the campground is great. The host we've dealt with, Gary and his better half Sherry have made us feel welcome and have been wonderful. The very few negatives have not detracted from our stay. Over-flow is 30 amp electric with no water or sewer. I found the voltage to go as low as 101 volts. I turned off the one AC I was using and it went up a few volts so we did not run air conditioning even though it was very warm. Another camper in over-flow had no power because his EMS would not permit the low voltage. That issue resolved when we moved into a regular spot. Outdoor recreation handles the money and that's where I paid for my ten day stay. They had a problem with the credit card machine and triple charged me before they processed a refund. I also had hoped to be able to pay for an additional tent site and set up a tent on my site which is plenty large enough but that was denied. Like I said, small things and not a big deal. I mention them only because a bitxhing sailor is a happy sailor.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by floridakamper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds