Grand Forks AFB FamCamp

More
11 years 3 months ago #10764 by pvaurochs
My grandson and I spent three nights at this exceptional campground this past summer (2012). It was clean, spacious, and friendly. The base has wonderful, uncrowded facilities -- in fact I had to ask at the MWR office where all the people were. Their business at Grand Forks is missiles and drones so I suppose the workers are underground or in control rooms somewhere. There is a beautiful, lighted, paved bicycle path that runs for miles around the base and a gym that puts Golds to shame. Our price for a full hookup was $12 a night but, since they honor the Senior National Parks Pass, it cost us $6 a night. During our 9, 500 miles cross-country and back we never found a better deal that this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ButchEllis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10765 by djenson
Replied by djenson on topic Re: Grand Forks AFB FamCamp
Grand Forks no longer has a missile mission. Currently the only thing going on at this base is Drones. The fly and maintain Drones from here. They are currently waiting to see if they get a new tanker mission. It used to have missiles, B-52s and KC 135 tanker missions. However BRAC took care of all that. This Base has very new and outstanding facilities including some very new housing. Hopefully they get some of the new tankers.

The fam camp does get a fair amount of use during he summer. If you travel east or west US highway 2 it is a good place to stop off.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11013 by Frank A.
I'm travelin that way starting in June and looking in my military campground directory found that Grand Forks has 21 sites and Minot 6. Since they are small campgrounds and reservations not accepted, what is the real possibility of getting a site at these places in the summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRFOSTER1948

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #11017 by djenson
Replied by djenson on topic Re: Grand Forks AFB FamCamp
I live in the area and have driven through the fam camp many times during the summer and have never seen Grand Forks full. Don't know about Minot.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by djenson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank A.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds