Directions to Offutt FAMCAMP

More
11 years 9 months ago #10173 by jtreese
I believe the directions on the website are to complicated, I did not do well at land nav either. I need to use the KISS factor, Keep It Simple Stupid. Today I ended up going through the gate, WRONG. The directions below are simple, there may be other ways to get there but this requires the least amount of turns and is the closest to a freeway.

The easiest directions from any direction: Go to exit # 42 on I-29 (this exit is for Hwy 370/Mission Avenue) head West. You will go over a toll bridge and pay $4.00 for RV and toad. Turn left on Hancock Street, yes it is a residential area complete with trees and old homes. Hancock turns into Harlan Lewis Road, you will come to a sign for the campground on the left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #10251 by Sizzors
The I-29 instructions are fine if you are coming in fm Iowa. Coming in from Nebraska try this: You will most likely be coming in on I-80 east or west. From either direction get off on Highway 75 ( Kennedy Expressway) south bound to Bellevue. Follow 75 south to highway 370 eastbound. It wanders around a bit on Bellevue surface streets and actually goes right down the main street of the old town. Fear not, the streets can handle your class A no matter how big it is. As in the above instructions follow 370 until you encounter Hancock street. Make a right. You will be on a lovely little urban side street for several blocks then you will drop down to the old Missouri River bed. Soon you will see the Offutt airplane parking ramp on the right. Look for the famcamp sign on your left. Make the turn, stop briefly at the top of the levee you are abt to cross. There are railroad tracks there and they get a lot of use - be safe. You are now in the park! easy eh?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Sizzors. Reason: Replaced a word

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds