Ellsworth AFB Entry/Exit

More
11 years 9 months ago #10170 by johnandmari
There seems to be some confusion about the POV sign at the EAFB commercial gate - POVs NOT hooked to an RV will be turned away and required to use either the main or Patriot gates; all POVs may exit the base through the commercial gate, when it is open.. ALL RVs entering/leaving EAFB, both motorized or towables are required to use the commercial gate, per the base commander. Signs are in-place at the main gate and at the intersection of Liberty and Lamay indicating the requirement to use the commercial gate. On weekends and/or after hours the gate will be closed, but you may use the direct-dial telephone signed/located in the small box at the gate to call base security for entry/exit. The number, should you wish to call from your cell is (605) 385-4001. Please, use the commercial gate, as we have already experienced two issue over improper gate selection this season.

Thank you,
John - EAFB Camp Host

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #10236 by skyking8
John> You're on site so appreciate the explanation. I was there several weeks ago and the gate was closed. If memory serves, my first unsuccessful attempt to use that gate was a week-end. I turned around and used the main gate without any issues to include getting thru the round-about. Another day, I was running around off base in my toad so I decided to try it and again it was closed with no one manning the gate. That was shortly after normal business hours. It appears that it was our mistake for not being very observant, but neither my wife nor I noticed the sign with the phone number. Maybe the fix to all this is to post a more obvious sign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds