Compromised

More
16 years 9 months ago #771 by karylkoch
Compromised was created by karylkoch
Since this site was compromised, how does everyone feel about it? Does anyone have a clue who could of done this? I am also wondering if we should be more careful of what we discuss like: decals, security on base, etc. Thought I am a child of the sixties, I still remember hearing the saying, "Loose lips sinks ship." Should we keep this in mind when we are on the world wide web?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #997 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Compromised
In general, sites like ours are "attacked" just because some idiot has too much time on his hands, or is a "tech student" and does it just because he/she can. Most of them are "practicing" how to enter security systems, such as tech companies ... some are just nasty individuals that do it so they can say they did it ... more like a "high-level" prank that does more damage than fun -- be nice if there was a way to figure out who did it, then take 'em out behind the barn for a lesson or two --

I'm not so sure the "raider" even reads the posts - just comes into the system and "burns it down" ... M44

More
15 years 9 months ago #3858 by arasgrandpa
Replied by arasgrandpa on topic Re: Compromised
Actually, 90% of the attacks are "robots" from China. I am a computer guy and we get sites hacked all the time, they are a pain to clean up, but do little damage. A robot may get a list of e-mail addresses and you'll get some more spam, but in this day, most people don't even notice a little more spam. The latest "injector" hacks can force a web site to send you off to another site, install a virus on your PC, then harvest your cookie information. So either have a personal firewall on your PC, or don't save important info in a cookie.

Its important to be able to trust a website, but none are subject to being hacker free. Best advise is protect your PC, then the hackers can't get your information....

More
15 years 9 months ago #3879 by rvgrammy1953
Replied by rvgrammy1953 on topic Re: Compromised
Well, this may explain why I can no longer just click on "new posts not read" any more....have to surf thru all the sections to read the latest posts to the forum....hate doing that.....hope it can be fixed....

Lori and Dock

More
15 years 9 months ago #3881 by larrygranny1
Replied by larrygranny1 on topic Re: Compromised
I go to the bottom of the page and see whats been posted the previous day.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3915 by Chancellor
Replied by Chancellor on topic Re: Compromised
I have a club site and it has been hit by bots. I finally had it password protected for the members only. It does make you leary about what you say. I don't understand why they don't cut China off the US web until they take they're hacker problem (they claim they don't have one) seriously. I think the China gov backs them. It is going to ruin the web unless they get it under control.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds