FT. Monroe BRAC closure

More
17 years 1 week ago #685 by jsummers
does anyone know how to find out when Ft. Monroe's closing. The sites I have gona to all talk about the 1995 BRAC recommendfations that were later apprv'ed & signed into law by the Pres. But when does it happen. I've emailed one BRAC officila asigned to Ft. Monroe and one MWR person at Ft. Monroe & both came back like "Elvis". (return to sender). THnx

P.S. I've deceided to become a contributor since I've relied on this site and you guys' & girls' reviews for two 90 day RV trips now. Has anyone else sent in a contribution to Larry ? How'd you do it; where, mailed etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 week ago #698 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: FT. Monroe BRAC closure
Ft Montoe does not have a definate closeing time, at least they didn't last year when we were there. Probably this year or next. Best thing to do is give them a call. Be sure it is during the week and during the day. It is sometimes hard to catch them hanging around the office, they also run equipment rental and I believe they have other collateriald duties.
We stayed there last July 4th weekend. The office was closed for the weekend, and all the sites were taken, but there were motorhomes parked by the sea wall, so we parked there also. The base police came buy and just asked us to park facing out toward the water so they could get more cars in for the festivities. We boon-docked, but stayed all weekend.

More
16 years 11 months ago #779 by Chancellor
my brother, who was stationed there, told me he heard it was going to be Summer 2008
But he didn't know the exact date. I would call ahead if phone is disconnected you know they're
closed.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds